Recently Florida Tile was featured in a case study published by GREENGUARD Environmental Institute on their website. The case study showcases the strength of GREENGUARD's certification and the impact it has on the design community. Even a naturally low emitting product like porcelain tile does gain benefits from GREENGUARD standing behind them. As the green message starts to get muddy with false claims, third party verification in every industry is going to grow and groups like GREENGUARD are there to help. To read the entire article, visit the link below.
Understanding and Communicating GREENGUARD Certification
GREENGUARD Certification Program
- Internationally recognized for evaluating product emissions and certifying building materials, furnishings, finishes and cleaning products and processes that meet stringent indoor air quality criteria defined by GEI.
- Currently, more than 100 manufacturers voluntarily participate in the program, offering over 150,000 interior products.
- Products undergo rigorous, third-party testing to determine their impact on indoor air pollution with requirements for ongoing testing and verification.
- Certification confirms a manufacturer’s environmental responsibility, and signifies their environmental achievements through independent, third-party testing and verification.
- GREENGUARD Certified products are recommended by leading sustainable building programs, including:
- U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED Rating System,
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Green Building Guidelines,
- Green Guide for Health Care (GGHC),
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) Best Practices Manual,
- New York City Department of Design and Construction Sustainable Design Specifications, among others.
Indoor Air Quality
GREENGUARD Environmental Institute (GEI)
- GEI is an industry-independent, non-profit organization that oversees the GREENGUARD Certification Program.
- In addition to product certification, GEI provides valuable tools and resources to the design and specification community including:
- Free online Product Guide for finding GREENGUARD Certified products, with printable certificates that can be used for verification and LEED submission
- Continuing education courses approved by the AIA and IIDA/ASID
- Downloadable product specifications organized by CSI division to easily include GREENGUARD Certified products in project specifications